The Benefit: For Spin-off companies
Are you working in a non-core area inside a larger company? Or planning a spin-off?
Economic circumstances and shifts in the market increasingly drive companies to reduce activities
that are no longer core to the company. Activities that used to be core to the company strategy
can end up being non-core. These range from new innovations to more advanced businesses that
become non-core after a strategy shift, and to mature businesses which the corporation no longer
wants to pursue. These activities are shut down or slowly fade away due to lack of sufficient
resourcing. This destroys value.
Planning a spin-off?
In many cases non-core corporate activities have significant potential as stand-alone businesses.
Spinning out the non-core businesses have several benefits to the business:
- the improved focus and the management / owners attention helps drive the business
- the administrative burden of belonging to a larger company is removed
- the possible conflicting priorities that limit development potential are removed
- the often significant potential outside the scope of the company’s core vertical markets is
easier to capture
- the established independent company is not restricted by the previous owner’s sales
channel strategy, or choice/focus on specific customer segments
VersoVentures has extensive expertise and track record in company spin-offs, and may be able to
help your business forward in multiple ways. VersoVentures is actively looking for investment
opportunities in company spin-offs. Our interest is primarily in businesses that already have an
offering and revenue, and that with proper resourcing can achieve rapid international
Contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or directly any member of the Team
and let’s jointly review your idea and situation!